Re: Git Forge Requirements: Please see the Community Blog

Hello,

Thanks for the thread. Lots of good stuff there. Would it be also OK to
add a non technical requirement into the mix:

- whatever we do choose, we stick to it for N years.

I add this because an important reason for moving away from Pagure seems
to be that we don't have the man-power to keep developing/maintaining
it, and yet, moving core pieces of community infra to new platforms
makes it even harder to:

- keep existing contributors (who have to migrate their work and learn
  the new workflow around the new platform, even if it is similar to the
  previous one),

- gain new ones (because it takes time to move our processes and update
  community knowledge which new contributors need).

So, such changes, while positive and necessary for us to improve, must
also not be frequent enough to disrupt us.

--
Thanks,
Regards,