Re: Git Forge Requirements: Please see the Community Blog

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 4:04 pm, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And any discussion of GitHub isn't going to involve self-hosted, it's
going to involve GitHub.com, which means we're talking about losing
more of our independence as a project. This is one of those things
that I'm not sure is a wise move.

Well since we have a request for requirements: I propose requirements #1 and #2 are to be self-hosted and open source. I'm suspect the Fedora community would be outraged if we fail to meet either requirement.

So if we can agree on that much, then we can avoid wasting time by including GitHub in the list of options. That would bring us to a choice between GitLab CE and Pagure. (Are there any other serious options?)

Michael