Re: unable to branch to epel8

On 8/16/19 2:40 AM, Dave Love wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>> Also, I don't get any notifications from pagure (as with various other
>>> -- most? -- services), despite turning on anything relevant-looking in
>>> the notifications app.  I've asked several times about lack of
>>> notifications with no luck or suggestions how to debug it.  Can anyone
>>> make any suggestions now?
>>
>> Can you expand on 'any notifications from pagure' ? pagure.io?
>> src.fedoraproject.org? what sort of notifications?
>
> I don't know exactly what should be sending them, and quite what's
> covered by pagure.  It's thoroughly confusing, especially when you have
> to interact with something apparently outside Fedora/Red Hat.

Let me step back a bit here...

pagure.io is a general source forge for open source projects. It's run
by Fedora Infrastructure, but it uses another domain so people don't
think they have to only use it for Fedora related projects.

src.fedoraproject.org is also running a pagure instance in front of the
Fedora rpms/modules/containers/flatpacks. This also is run by Fedora
Infrastructure.

I am guessing you are talking about the src.fedoraproject.org instance
here? But it would help to know so we can debug in the right place.

> I get no notifications for instance for closed tickets or modifications
> to repos for my packages (which I might reasonably want to know about
> when others make them).  I don't know if I should get anything from
> Koschei about failures, but I don't.  Also release-monitoring now seems
> broken.
>
>> Can you point to a thing that should have notificed you?
>
> Recent mass modifications to packages, for instance.  I often make mods
> to a checkout and then find I have to merge them with changes I didn't
> know about.

Hum. I see you have a lot of custom rules. Sadly the interface for doing
rules is confusing and over detailed. Would you be willing to do the
reset on them, then slowly re-add the filtering out of ones you don't
want? I think something in your rules is negating each ruleset and
making it not send anything.

Just click on the party perished and it should give you the default set.
See if you get notifications there, if not, we need to look more. If so,
you can one at a time add the filters you want.

kevin