unable to branch to epel8

I've tried to get a couple of epel8 branches created, and the tickets
have been closed (twice in one case after I re-opened it) with "The
branch in PDC already exists".  (It worked for other packages.)  I don't
know what PDC is, but the branch definitely isn't in git.  An example is
<https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/15061>.  Can someone
tell me what to do about that?

Also, I don't get any notifications from pagure (as with various other
-- most? -- services), despite turning on anything relevant-looking in
the notifications app.  I've asked several times about lack of
notifications with no luck or suggestions how to debug it.  Can anyone
make any suggestions now?

I'm increasingly un-motivated to do maintenance particularly because of
continual infrastructure problems.