Re: unable to branch to epel8

On 8/15/19 3:18 AM, Dave Love wrote:
> I've tried to get a couple of epel8 branches created, and the tickets
> have been closed (twice in one case after I re-opened it) with "The
> branch in PDC already exists".  (It worked for other packages.)  I don't
> know what PDC is, but the branch definitely isn't in git.  An example is
> <https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/15061>.  Can someone
> tell me what to do about that?

I'm not sure why this sometimes happens. As the downthread reply notes
you can just push the branch yourself now after it's been created in the
product definition center. We should really track that down, but the
entire request system is going to be replaced soon, so hard to dig too
far. ;(

> Also, I don't get any notifications from pagure (as with various other
> -- most? -- services), despite turning on anything relevant-looking in
> the notifications app.  I've asked several times about lack of
> notifications with no luck or suggestions how to debug it.  Can anyone
> make any suggestions now?

Can you expand on 'any notifications from pagure' ? pagure.io?
src.fedoraproject.org? what sort of notifications?

Can you point to a thing that should have notificed you?

This is probibly best as a infrastructure ticket, feel free to file
there: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues

and we will get to the bottom of it.

> I'm increasingly un-motivated to do maintenance particularly because of
> continual infrastructure problems.

Very sorry to hear it. We are trying the best we can with the resources
we have. ;(

kevin