Re: unable to branch to epel8

Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Also, I don't get any notifications from pagure (as with various other
>> -- most? -- services), despite turning on anything relevant-looking in
>> the notifications app.  I've asked several times about lack of
>> notifications with no luck or suggestions how to debug it.  Can anyone
>> make any suggestions now?
>
> Can you expand on 'any notifications from pagure' ? pagure.io?
> src.fedoraproject.org? what sort of notifications?

I don't know exactly what should be sending them, and quite what's
covered by pagure.  It's thoroughly confusing, especially when you have
to interact with something apparently outside Fedora/Red Hat.

I get no notifications for instance for closed tickets or modifications
to repos for my packages (which I might reasonably want to know about
when others make them).  I don't know if I should get anything from
Koschei about failures, but I don't.  Also release-monitoring now seems
broken.

> Can you point to a thing that should have notificed you?

Recent mass modifications to packages, for instance.  I often make mods
to a checkout and then find I have to merge them with changes I didn't
know about.

> This is probibly best as a infrastructure ticket, feel free to file
> there: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issues
>
> and we will get to the bottom of it.
>
>> I'm increasingly un-motivated to do maintenance particularly because of
>> continual infrastructure problems.
>
> Very sorry to hear it. We are trying the best we can with the resources
> we have. ;(

I'm sure, and thanks.  The continual churn clearly isn't helping either
people trying to keep services running, or maintainers trying to use
them, especially when they go backwards in functionality.