Re: MBI (Playground 2.0)

Dne 01. 02. 19 v 13:21 Mikolaj Izdebski napsal(a):
> - builds failing due to failure to download packages from official
> Fedora mirror dl.fedoraproject.org

This is not first time I hear this. So I will open discussion to (again) alter builder's mock config to point to PHX
location, which is just rack away.

> - builds failing to import to COPR distgit (was not a problem before
> dist-git was introduced)

This is actually new to me. Can you point me to some report?

> - outages caused by read-only filesystem after reboot - copr is
> unusable until someone remounts it rw

This was actually recently fixed.

> - multi-day long outages caused by out of disk space
> - multi-hour or even day- long build queues

That is because I actually care about the resources. It is very easy to submit a proposal and state that "it will run in
Fedora Cloud", but the cloud is not infinite. I can easily increase the soft limits in Cloud dashboard. But we are
either hitting hard limits (storage) or we would drastically limit other users using the same cloud (vCPU in case more
builders).
Copr is not designed for spikes, it is designed for the average traffic. Which is handling pretty well. You can check it
here:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/status/stats/
If you submit 300+ build today (like happened today) you will simply have to wait some time. At the same time, it should
not affect (too much) other users. This is IMO big difference from Koji which is IIRC strictly FIFO.

> - outdated SOP preventing non-COPR people like me from fixing COPR outages

Feel free to raise any issue. Last update in this document was in October 2018. Checking it right now I see outdated
part about ppc builders, but otherwise it should be ok.
Thou, I will review that document after weekend.

Miroslav