Re: FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

seth vidal wrote:

Mostly to keep the signal/noise ratio down.

Sounds awful elitist and Machiavellian for a community driven project.

As you can see by this weeks output on f-d-l it's hard to get very far
with everyone posting even if they don't have much of a dog in the
fight.

I agree, but then you are just granting the illusion of a community controlled project arent you? Essentially the real discussion concerning dev will have been moved to f-m right? I understand that trying to keep the project moving without all of this "change is bad" and "me too" crap is important but i think that this "fix" fails to live up to the community aspect of the project doesnt it? Essentially your voice doesnt matter if you arent a maintainer anymore because the other lists will be read less and less by RH and maintainers over time. As a result you will lose the community driven nature i think because all of the opinions batted about will be those of maintainers alone. A moderated white list of users that conduct themselves in a prescribed manner makes most sense to me.
-mf