Re: Improving the glibc32 situation

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 03:31:40PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 03/13/2018 03:03 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > The right fix would be to make koji deal with multilibs properly,
> > mock can handle that fine already, then glibc32 wouldn't be needed at all.
>
> I think we requested these feature fifteen years ago, even before there was
> Koji.  I recently (two months ago) tried to bump the priority, but haven't
> heard anything back.  It's a pretty fringe use case, and probably needs
> major complications within Koji.
>
> So we need to assume that we'll still need glibc32 going forward.
>
> The big question, at this point, is what we as packages have to do to
> prevent leaking a rebuild into the compose.  As far as I understand it,
> every package rebuild will trigger this.  Build with --skip-tag and file a
> releng ticket to have it tagged correctly?

I sadly have no idea.

> > If that doesn't happen, we need glibc32, but only 0.01% of packages actually
> > need it, so e.g. forcing it into every buildroot would be a vaste of time.
>
> It's actually a bit worse because since it's buildroot-only, we need to
> express build requires in such a way that they can be fulfilled by
> glibc-devel.i686.  Otherwise, people would not be able to rebuild these
> packages using mock.

Yeah, the current way to pull things in that works everywhere seems to
be to do use file based requires like /usr/lib/libc.so because otherwise
things break in koji.

I always assumed koji was just a mock running in "the cloud", but I assume
it is slightly more involved than that.

Cheers,

Mark