Re: Removal of BuildRoot

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Tom Hughes <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16/02/18 13:13, Richard Shaw wrote:

I think it would be better to have fedpkg run rpmlint on "fedpkg build". It can be informative only. At least then it would not require the maintainer to run rpmlint themselves.

Please no. See above about ridiculous noise.

Less noise that doing it on commit :)

One thing I started doing was ALWAYS using spectool to download the new sources for an update before doing a fedpkg upload-sources. I found that the download links moved from time to time with some upstreams. That way I know my source URL is good.

I don't follow. How else (other than manual download) do you get your
sources other than by spectool? Surely if you download them manually
you would notice any URL change?

I get notifications for most of my packages which provide download links which you can easily do "curl -LO <paste link>" which is what I used to do.

Even better would be to be able to tell fedpkg to go download the source directly instead of me downloading it and then uploading it.

And it's fedpkg new-sources, not upload-sources ;-)

Ehh.. I went from memory after only one cup of coffee :)

Thanks,
Richard