Re: Removal of BuildRoot

> I don't follow. How else (other than manual download) do you get your
> sources other than by spectool? Surely if you download them manually
> you would notice any URL change?

You can have an old source copy in Sources (downloaded manually of by spectool) but by the time you finish QA and start Fedora inclusion process the origin website restructured and the Source URL is no longer good.

And many people check the URL still exists, but not that the returned filename has not changed (and lastly you have the hash)

That's one of the many reasons I had to write %forgemeta (it's available in devel, use it, test it report problems!)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot