Re: EPEL support in "master" branch (aka speeding up Fedora development)

SB> Can't we fix things on EPEL, to speed up Fedora devel ?

We can try.  See the macro work I've done (though the real work there
was against EPEL5, which is fortunately forgotten now).

SB> another story that is bugging me is python2 packages for example [1]
SB> if we want call it python2-foo , so we have to guarantee that rule
SB> also applies on RHEL(s) / Centos .

I worked up a proposal about this a while ago:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tibbs/EPELPythonStubPackages

In the end there was basically no good argument for _not_ doing it but
every time I touch something like this someone crawls out of the
woodwork to flame me.  So I end up hesitating instead of doing anything
and then I run out of free time.

Right now I still have too much other Fedora work to do, but maybe I can
find a few minutes to put a couple of these packages in.  I did go ahead
and file four requests for the four packages listed in that proposal
(noting that python2-setuptools does exist on EL7 so only an EL6 branch
for that one).

 - J<