Re: Firefox "Looking Glass" fiasco

On Wednesday, December 20 2017, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> midori is dead upstream. Likely it should be retired, but I keep holding
>> out hope they will revive development. I definitely would not suggest
>> more widespread usage of it.
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~midori/midori/ doesn't look that dead. The
> webKitTwoOnly branch you are currently packaging is dead, but it was
> apparently replaced by a new webKit2Gtk3only branch.

Midori has been "revived" only recently.  It stayed dead for a while,
without any activity on the codebase/IRC channel, and accumulating a few
CVE's here and there.  I was Debian's Midori maintainer, and I decided
to retire the package because of these issues.  But apparently upstream
is slowly coming back to life, which is good news.  However, we
shouldn't blindly adopt Midori as the default browser without seriously
looking at the health of the project (that goes for any other browser,
FWIW).

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36