Re: plan to update F27 to systemd-235

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017, at 08:14 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

> Well, my point is that in this case there aren't any big changes, only
> some relatively minor feature additions. According to the policy,
> "minor" upgrades are OK after beta. The only difference for critical
> path packages is some additional karma requirements.

I'm personally very in favor of this; of course my usual refrain
here is that we should *try* new things and have the ability
to back them out if they don't work (the latter bit is what the
current system doesn't support).

> The formal side is pretty clear. Instead, I'm giving the heads up in
> case any technical issues or regressions crop up. I'm especially
> interested in feedback from people who run rawhide, especially if they
> use various container technologies, namespaces, and such, which is
> probably the area most like to regress.

Yes that said...things like the systemd-nspawn changing to
a syscall whitelist seems highly likely to aggravate the current
problems with mock:
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6967

See also https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6602#comment-71214
From a while ago.  We go to quite a bit of effort in the rpm-ostree side to work around oddities from running in nspawn.

https://github.com/projectatomic/bubblewrap/issues/171#issuecomment-27773181
Was also really fun.

Basically nspawn isn’t very focused on the privileged/recursive container case.  And while nspawn is OK for building RPMs, other cases like Lorax and rpm-ostree need more privileges.