Re: plan to update F27 to systemd-235

On 7 October 2017 at 13:14, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 09:19:17AM +0100, James Hogarth wrote:
> Although personally I have no specific objections and indeed plan to use
> the IP accounting stuff on a bunch of units... since we're already past
> beta, this is a critical component of the system and it's not got a Change
> on the wiki for F27 I'd suggest that you need to raise your case with FESCo
> for approval of doing this.

Well, my point is that in this case there aren't any big changes, only
some relatively minor feature additions. According to the policy,
"minor" upgrades are OK after beta. The only difference for critical
path packages is some additional karma requirements.

The formal side is pretty clear. Instead, I'm giving the heads up in
case any technical issues or regressions crop up. I'm especially
interested in feedback from people who run rawhide, especially if they
use various container technologies, namespaces, and such, which is
probably the area most like to regress. In addition, it's possible that
the fixes that are present in v235 could break some use cases. AFAIK,
we didn't change documented behaviour, but rather clarified various gray
areas, but I'm well aware that upstream developers test systemd only in
narrow fraction of ways it is used in the wild. Hence this thread.
Sorry, I should have made that clearer in my original e-mail.

Zbyszek