Re: State of Sparkeshare in Fedora

On vendredi 6 octobre 2017 22:24:01 CEST Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On 24/09/17 11:47 AM, James Hogarth wrote:
> > On 24 September 2017 at 16:29, Michael Catanzaro
> >
> > <mike.catanzaro@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mike.catanzaro@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >     On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:09 AM, James Hogarth
> >
> >     <james.hogarth@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:james.hogarth@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >         Based on the fedora update policy and the acknowledged
> >         breaking changes in 2.0 we should only really update to the
> >         most recent 1.x in F27 and below at this time.
> >
> >         The latest version should be a self contained change in F28.
> >
> >     I haven't been following this closely, but my understanding is
> >     that if it's not updated, there won't be any Sparkleshare in F27,
> >     since one of the current version's dependencies (WebKitGTK+ 2.4)
> >     is gone. So the update should go into F27 as well (which has not
> >     even reached beta yet, despite the freeze). The updates policy is
> >     very important, but it doesn't trump common sense. :)
> >
> > The Sparkeshare 1.5 release removes that dependency fixing the issue
> > and keeping it in Fedora.
> >
> > Having that in F27 and 2.0 in F28 would be most keeping in spirit with
> > our policies I'd suggest.
>
> I attempt to build Sparkleshare 1.5 on master but the main issue is the
> webkitgitk dependency. Suggestion welcome to fix that:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/luya/rpms/sparkleshare/blob/master/f/spar
> kleshare.spec

Hello Luya,

I've worked on this issue this afternoon, you can find the resulting SPEC,
SRPM and patches here: https://eclipseo.fedorapeople.org/sparkleshare/

The main patch backports the changes made in 2.0 for WebkitGTK 2.0
compatibility.

It builds in Mock and Koji but I haven't attempted to run the program itself.

Best regards,

Robert-André