Re: Two more concrete ideas for what a once-yearly+update schedule would look like

On Thursday, 08 December 2016 at 19:26, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
[...]
> I would like to see us stop pushing non security updates to updates from
> updates-testing entirely and do it in monthly batches instead.  we would push
> daily security fixes and updates-testing.  However this would make atomic host
> 2 week releases much less useful, as there would be no updates except for once
> a month.

You gave just one disadvantage of this proposal and no advantages at
all. Why do you think the above is a good idea? I, for one, do not like
waiting a month to get bug fixes that are not security-related. We are
not RHEL or Microsoft or Adobe. I'm convinced that having bug fixes
available as soon as they're ready is valuable (even if you choose to
wait before installing them). Also, as was pointed out elsewhere in this
subthread, updates get tested only after they're released to stable very
often, so it's also valuable to get the feedback earlier rather than in
a month.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org