Re: Fedora on Macs, removing the release criterion

  Hi,

> > Apples and oranges. There's no installer on ARM. There's no need to wipe
> > all your data on a desktop system that you have one unit of.
>
> Yes, there is, we support anaconda just like on all the other arches.
> It's not as widely used as people like to just consume the disk images
> but it is supported and tested across a wide range of boards. We're
> even working on adding CI to do this across a lot of boards on a
> nightly basis.

Yea, but it is still apples and oranges IMO.

On a arm board you can swap the sdcard in seconds.  Then run tests
(images / anaconda / whatever).  Then put back in the original sdcard
and things continue to work just fine like they did before you ran the
tests.  Try that with a macbook.

Also buying a separate device for testing purposes is much less of a
problem with arm boards as the costs for that are an order of magnitude
lower compared to a mac ...

cheers,
  Gerd