Re: Bodhi For Rawhide?

On 10/27/2016 08:05 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:53:27PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
* And probably last think, why the Rawhide should be really exception?
Why we should not use Bodhi if we are using it anywhere else?
Lets use Bodhi for Rawhide, where the submitted update would immediately
go into Rawhide, unless maintainer wishes some testing period.
Any comments on this topic?

What if we leave Rawhide as it is, but create the new
somewhat-better-than-Rawhide repo that Dennis Gilmore was talking about
last year, and enable Bodhi on that? (The thing that I very desperately
want to be named "Fedora Bikeshed".)

In any case, I'm definitely concerned about the increased number of
hoops. What if, when a build lands in Rawhide, a Bodhi update were
automatically created for Bikeshed?

It might be nice for the "fedpkg build" command line to take the
"--type bugfix|enhancement|security" option so that could be passed on
in some way.

My concern is that you really want to be grouping builds into a single update - you update a library's soname so you need to rebuild the deps. Then you push the group. So the automatic update creating doesn't really seem possible.

On the QA side, if such a thing were created I would argue that you don't particularly care about test rawhide anymore.

I think what I'd like to see is koji run tests on a build, and if it breaks things (mainly creates unresolved deps), it's put into a rawhide-candidates tag. This tag is used for rawhide builds so no need to create buildroot overrides. Once you've built the deps you tag the builds into rawhide. This could conceivably be done automatically. But of course, this would require work to be done. But I'm curious if this seems like a reasonable option?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx