Re: Bodhi For Rawhide?

Dne 27.10.2016 v 20:21 Orion Poplawski napsal(a):
> On 10/27/2016 08:05 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 12:53:27PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>>> * And probably last think, why the Rawhide should be really exception?
>>> Why we should not use Bodhi if we are using it anywhere else?
>>> Lets use Bodhi for Rawhide, where the submitted update would
>>> immediately
>>> go into Rawhide, unless maintainer wishes some testing period.
>>> Any comments on this topic?
>>
>> What if we leave Rawhide as it is, but create the new
>> somewhat-better-than-Rawhide repo that Dennis Gilmore was talking about
>> last year, and enable Bodhi on that? (The thing that I very desperately
>> want to be named "Fedora Bikeshed".)
>>
>> In any case, I'm definitely concerned about the increased number of
>> hoops. What if, when a build lands in Rawhide, a Bodhi update were
>> automatically created for Bikeshed?
>>
>> It might be nice for the "fedpkg build" command line to take the
>> "--type bugfix|enhancement|security" option so that could be passed on
>> in some way.
>
> My concern is that you really want to be grouping builds into a single
> update - you update a library's soname so you need to rebuild the
> deps. Then you push the group.  So the automatic update creating
> doesn't really seem possible.

The automatic update submission is the default, but if I knew that I
need to group the builds together, I could specify that somehow, e.g.
"fedpkg build --no-submit". This create update, but it would not submit
it. Next build would specify the update for the group, e.g. "fedpkg
build --update=some-update-id".

> On the QA side, if such a thing were created I would argue that you
> don't particularly care about test rawhide anymore.
>
> I think what I'd like to see is koji run tests on a build, and if it
> breaks things (mainly creates unresolved deps), it's put into a
> rawhide-candidates tag.  This tag is used for rawhide builds so no
> need to create buildroot overrides.  Once you've built the deps you
> tag the builds into rawhide.  This could conceivably be done
> automatically.  But of course, this would require work to be done.
> But I'm curious if this seems like a reasonable option?

Interesting idea indeed.

V.