Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 03:29:37PM +0200, Jan Kurik wrote:
> very low. Just for an information: on Fedora we have every week
> created approx. 400 - 500 new bugs. I can not imagine doing review of
> such an amount of bugs on (bi-)weekly basic. Blocker bug meeting

Oh my no. We wouldn't review all bugs, just ones which are nominated,
and I am envisioning being quite strict with whether they meet the
criterion I suggested:

   Issues eligible for this status would be those which do not
   necessarily fail a release criterion but which have critical impact
   on a Fedora Edition or on a council-approved Fedora Objective.

with a possible additional:

  Issues may also be nominated from the Common Bugs list when they are
  deemed by QA to have critical impact.

or something like that. If it becomes necessary, we could even restrict
nominations to those submitted by QA, the Edition WGs, or Objective
leads — but I'd rather start less formal and introduce that rule if it
becomes a problem.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>