Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

Matthew Miller wrote:
> I propose we create a parallel "Critical Issues"  list, using basically
> the same procedures. Issues eligible for this status would be those
> which do not necessarily fail a release criterion but which have
> critical impact on a Fedora Edition or on a council-approved Fedora
> Objective.
>
> Since Fedora is a volunteer process, this can't be backed by a hard
> mandate (like the "block the release!" emergency brake)

And that is exactly why this will never work. As you wrote in the subject,
blocking the release is our only "big hammer". So, if we are not willing to
block the release for such issues (and I really mean BLOCK, even if it takes
weeks! Right now, blockers are very quickly downgraded or "resolved" by
merely documenting them, which defeats the purpose of them being blockers),
they will never get fixed.

        Kevin Kofler