Re: PROPOSAL: Blocking the release is our only "big hammer" — let's add a softer one.

In theory, I like this idea.

In practice,  Kevin Kofler is probably right. Unless there is a big hammer, bugs don't get fixed in many cases.

So I think the solution should be different: gfx team needs more manpower so they can handle bug reports. Right now, for some packages bugzilla serves as a dump of bugs nobody cares about. I doubt you can fix this by process or rules, I think fixing it by manpower will be more successful. As far as I can see those package maintainers do their job pretty well except for the fact that they don't have enough time to do so.