Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

5.10.2016 22:21 Dan Book <grinnz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...] I'd like to add that at least the MATE and Cinnamon spins, possibly
> others, do not include PackageKit and instead expect users to update using
> yumex-dnf or dnf itself. So ideally an offline update mechanism can be added
> to dnf, and then exposed in yumex-dnf. But we may have to consider installing
> PackageKit in those spins. My concern with this is that PackageKit and dnf do
> not share history and many users are used to using dnf.

What about implementing yumex-pk, I mean another tool forked from
yumex but backed by PackageKit, and eventually dropping dnf and
leaving PK as the only tool, both commandline and GUI?

I know we have GNOME Software which already does it but in
more high level and less power user oriented manner.

Rafal