Re: PSA: Do not run 'dnf update' inside GNOME, KDE or any other graphical desktop on Fedora 24

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox@xxxxxx> wrote:

That said, they basically already do it with the dnf-system-upgrade plugin; so why not just expand
that a bit.  Also, while i completely understand that it is much easier to just use a sledgehammer and say "offline upgrades for everything" -
we both know that isn't required.  Again, there is a place for "offline" updates - and I would like to see that option in DNF - but everything
has it's place.

I created a RFE bug requesting that the upgrade function in DNF be changed to incorporate "offline" upgrades as an option.  If it is really
an issue, DNF should handle it.