Re: Requiring package test instructions

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 01:23:04PM -0400, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> I think the functionality you're talking about (checking correctness of bug
> fixes, etc) should be left to the original bug reporters. After all, they
> raised the issue so they are invested in the result.

Agreed.

> Automation of those checks is tricky: bugzilla does ask for 'steps to
> reproduce' and actual vs. expected results but we'd have to really come up
> with a better technology to translate that into automated test cases. It's
> something that looks desirable and even doable, but not quite easy.

Oh no, that is not what we're aiming for.  We are aiming for a set of
automated *sanity tests* that run for every update.  Over time maybe
we could add regression tests to it that can't be added to the
upstream testsuite for some reason (requiring root privs for example,
much easier to do in a vm), but for now sanity tests will have to do.

Siddhesh