Re: Requiring package test instructions

> Oh no, that is not what we're aiming for.  We are aiming for a set of
> automated *sanity tests* that run for every update.  Over time maybe
> we could add regression tests to it that can't be added to the
> upstream testsuite for some reason (requiring root privs for example,
> much easier to do in a vm), but for now sanity tests will have to do.
>
> Siddhesh

We're not yet at the point where we can offer dist-git style checks for every package maintainer (it's our goal, though), but if you have any useful generic sanity check which can be run on any package after it is built in Koji, we can most probably start executing it right away. We already run rpmlint, depcheck, upgradepath, abicheck and soon-to-be-deployed rpmgrill.

Feel free to ping us on #fedora-qa or discuss at qa-devel mailing list to talk about details.

Thanks,
Kamil