Re: RFC: switching from grubby to grub2-mkconfig

Am 02.12.2015 um 21:16 schrieb Andrew Lutomirski:
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's a matter of preference.  If I have a newer kernel version
installed that doesn't actually work, I want the older kernel I _just_
installed to be the default and top entry so my machine boots to
something I can use.  This happens often when people try rawhide -rcX
kernels to test something.

Fixing this might be better served by filing an RFE for grubby to
change the preference order.

Or file an RFE for grub2 to have an option to use the file timestamps
instead of the version for the sort order

breaking news: file timestamps of packages are independent of the install time so this can't work - any attributes like timestamp, owner, permision are part of the package for good reasons (rkhunter as example compares them with the rpm database)