Re: RFC: switching from grubby to grub2-mkconfig

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Andrew Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since the old proposal to have the bootloader automatically enumerate
> boot options never went anywhere, can we do the next best thing?
>
> Specifically, these days grub2-mkconfig appears to produce output
> that's functionally identical to what grubby generates.  Can we switch
> new-kernel-pkg to just regenerate the grub2 config using
> grub2-mkconfig instead of using grubby?

I don't think so.  Despite the similarity in name, grubby does more
than just deal with grub stuff.  Namely, it handles bootloaders that
aren't grub.  We're close to having all arches on grub2, but I believe
armv7hl won't ever get there and it's a primary arch.

josh