Re: No more deltarpms by default

On 10/17/2014 04:24 PM, Tom Rivers wrote:
On 10/17/2014 10:05, drago01 wrote:
Because it makes no sense and pushes it to the user. The os (i.e we)
should handle that. In that case we should do both 1) have lower
bandwith requirements (i.e use deltas) *and* 2) have fast installation
of updates. Those two goals are not mutually exclusive. Its just the
current implementation that is lacking. So instead of messing with
questions during the installation we should just fix that.

If the proper configuration can be determined automagically,
Well a package installer can't have the knowledge which would be required to determine such a decision.

E.g. though a user could be connected via a fast connection he may have a limited download contingent or could be charged at a high rate per download volume.

I.e. I don't see a possibility but to leave the final decision to the user.

Ralf