Re: New Group Calls For Boycotting Systemd

On Sex, 2014-09-12 at 19:08 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On 09/07/2014 12:24 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >> However there is a wider problem here.  The "systemd of Fedora 14/15"
> >> is not the systemd of today.
> >
> > I agree 100%
> >
> >> We need to decide if just because you manage to get an important core
> >> package into Fedora 4 years ago, that means you can forever more push
> >> any old stuff you want into Fedora, without going back and consulting
> >> with the community and FESCo.
> >
> > "On Qui, 2014-09-04 at 22:12 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Therefore I'd find it useful for systemd take a break and period of
> > consolidation to sort out the bugs and impact of systemd on Fedora. "
> >
> > yeah this and Chris Adams wrote almost synthesized what I think.
> > what is the systemd goals ?  plans ? roadmap ? seems that systemd want
> > to be a operating system.
>
> You are wasting your time. Lennart and his bunch proved to be impervious
> to any pleas to stop mad feature creep.
>
> They WANT to extend systemd in every imaginable way to scratch their
> favorite itch of the week. It's not a coincidence or an oversight.
> That's what they like doing. Possibly, that's the MAIN motivation
> behind systemd development now - to take over whatever part
> of the system they want, and enjoy it.
>
> And Fedora userbase is their hostages now. Fedora maintainers seem
> to be okay with it. Fine.
>
> In Linux, when all else fails, we can always move to a different distro.

No, as explain in this thread and other about systemd , (almost) all
features have been submit to FESCO, approved and have wiki pages as new
features (and others not)  etc etc ,
if you read thread about docker and systemd , you will see that Lennart
it self is committed to improve and minimize systemd core ... to be used
in containers etc .

Although we got many bug (reports) to fix .

Best regards
--
Sérgio M. B.