Re: FPC elections

Dne 16.5.2013 15:29, Josh Boyer napsal(a):
Anyway working with them does not make the process going any faster since to
me the FPC and it's concept is the bottleneck vs the open way of
ack/nack/patch approach where you would have more participants and eyes on
the guidelines changes including by the ones that already are on FPC.

It seem to me that the reason people would not want this is because of their
own lack of faith and trust in the community and Vít is right if we are
going to "hang on" having FPC then the current members should be relieved
from their duty and an open election held for their positions within the
community.
Have you suggested an election for the FPC?  Looking at Vit's links, I
see he asked for an open process and you immediately went to
disbanding the FPC.

josh

I think that JBG built on my proposal. I am personally ambivalent to disabling FPC. I can imagine that some process as "proposed" by JBG would work, but I am afraid it is too big leap to be accepted by FPC and probably by entire community as well. But hopefully somebody from FPC will proves me wrong.

Actually I previously proposed similar updates to a Feature process and it was mostly turned down, with the bright exception of announcing the Features on ML, so I cannot imagine something like JBG's proposal with regard to FPC could make it.

Vít