Re: F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 01:45:51PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/03/2013 01:40 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

The installation DVDs are widely used in virtualization / cloud
arenas.  eg with OpenStack people would upload the Fedora install
DVD to the image service, so that it is then available to boot
new VM instances.   GNOME Boxes will also let you do automated
installs from the DVD install media.  The Oz tool will build
appliance images using the DVD install media.

While you can do all this with the netinstall ISO + a hosted
install tree, this is not as convenient, because hosting or
mirroring a single DVD image is much easier than mirroring
an entire web install tree.

Regards,
Daniel