Re: raising warning flag on firewalld-default feature

Hi Simon,

On 28.11.2012 14:43, Simon Lukasik wrote:
I can't see how this is related to my latest post. And I can't see what
leads you to think that cross-platform scanning is feasible today
(standard-wise and performance-wise).

Please check this very informative post from Steve (OVAL board member):

http://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg50625.html

We (the camp arguing for "flexible" configurations) should identify clever proposal at least conforming the following:

* Will be able to be "cold" (statically) assessed through current or future OVAL (first and most important use-case - VM images evaluation, second - augeas and alike on the live systems, third - custom auditing agents)

* Will looks cool for the sysadmins (the config languages users) (I am in doubt that any traditional scripting language will bring high score on this criteria)

 * Will enable desired (for the non-trivial cases) flexibility

Kind regards,
Alek