Re: Fedora 18 Beta to slip by two weeks, Beta release date is now Nov 27

> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > lack of an upgrade mechanism.
>
> Yum is an upgrade mechanism. Now you may run into issues with SELinux this
> time around, but that is just yet another example of how enabling SELinux by
> default was a major mistake, and thankfully there are workarounds (doing the
> upgrade with SELinux in permissive rather than enforcing mode probably being
> the safest one, or just disabling SELinux and keeping it that way, of
> course).

It's not one of our supported upgrade mechanisms, and there appears to
be no chance of that changing. Please don't warm over that argument
again. The messaging and optics of saying 'yum is a supported upgrade
mechanism, but just for F18 beta! We'll have a new mechanism for F18
final! Which won't have been tested much at all! And yum will be evil
again! So use it now! But don't use it again ever!' really suck. Which
is why no-one wants to do it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey