Re: Rolling release model philosophy (was Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID)))

I think we could, just for fun if you like, pursue making a good plan of
how the transition would be and what changes should be done.

Consider it objectively.

What changes would have to be done the OS?
What changes in infrastructure?
What tools do we need?

This could be a good exercise. The wiki might be a nice place to do it.
How about that?

As a sysadmin, I'd love to be able to update to a certain point in time.
Like in git, you can just checkout a tag... Wouldn't it be awesome to be
able to update to a certain tag? Heh, one could even have spin tags,
hehe.

Also, having the package manager give you warnings, pointers,
suggestions and general messages would rock.

I'm just sayin' ;)
--
Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>