Re: systemd and changes

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 11:17 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Jon Masters <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Great. It works fine on a laptop, in general. But on a
> > desktop/server/workstation that is connected for weeks at a time (like
> > mine), I don't want to have to do clicky buttony stuff just to make my
> > network work. Nothing has yet proved as simple as the "network" scripts,
> > though I'm sure we could shove in a few layers of
> > g-whatever-it's-called-now-conf for good measure.
>
> Just to be clear.. its the clickity nature of the initial system wide
> configuration that is the barrier for you? if you had a reasonable
> non-clickity way to add a system wide on-boot activated network
> controlled networkmanager via cli would that suffice?

Yup, the clickity nature of any configuration is a giant off-putting
neon sign saying "stay away" for me, in general, if there is no CLI
though I think it's good to have GUI configuration for end users. I know
there is an NM CLI but I need it to be as easy as the existing network
scripts before I make that switch.

Jon.