Re: systemd and changes

Till Maas, Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:15:20 +0200:
> Does it support setting "ip rule" commands if an interface is up?
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/settings-
spec-08.html

I am not sure I know what you mean (I am not that great netadmin), but I
a lot things can be done with scripts in /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/

> Did not show this. And it seems not to be able to create tun or tap
> devices, which requires only a small ifup-tun script with the old
> system.

> With the old network service it was still possible to manually use
> iwconfig and wpa-supplicant and therefore WPA. Or to create a OpenVPN
> tunnel, which I would prefer more than using WPA in terms of security.
> But with NetworkManager running, the command line tools usually do not
> work as expected.

NetworkManager-openvpn works great here and yes it does create tun0.

Matěj

Only two of my personalities are schizophrenic, but one of them
is paranoid and the other one is out to get him.