Re: systemd and changes

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Having to support multiple boot paths for the system, making everyone
> who gets odd bugs filed against kernel, dracut, plymouth, etc. triage them
> isn't exactly an 'easy fix' - it *adds* complication to both paths.

Right. In fact, I think we're supporting way too many deprecated
alternatives for way too long, e.g. when will the old legacy "network"
service which has been deprecated for ages finally be gone?

Of course it makes sense to keep deprecated stuff around when it's needed to
make things work, e.g. HAL is still needed for KDE right now (but that might
already be resolved by F15 since work on new u* Solid backends is going
strong upstream, also thanks to Fedora developers from Red Hat Czech), but I
don't see anything requiring e.g. the old "network" to stay around.

        Kevin Kofler