Re: Bug 531464 - why the WONTFIX?

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Przemek Klosowski
<przemek.klosowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you kill all of them you'd get rid of the ones you suggested for a
> legit AutoQA tests.

Yes I would. And I'm okay with that. Since there been no work done to
identify any scripts yet there's no real work lost.

I agree about the ugliness of modifying every
> example file. Perhaps a directory examplesThatShouldWork with symlinks
> to the "OK" set? Maybe that's too obtrusive. What about a script that
> would be the basis for the autoQA run:
>
> /usr/share/doc/python-matplotlib-0.99.1.2/examples/README.fedora

You write the script that operates like you want with all the examples
which appear to be working out of the box for you and submit it as a
bug report and we''ll rework it as necessary and get something in
place in the 1.0.0 packaging in rawhide.

Also note that several of the examples may not actually run form the
examples directory because they write output files and assume they can
write to current directory. Take that into considering in your script.

If it works well enough, I might be able to use as an additional build
time test in the rpm build regardless of whether autoQA is available.

-jef