Re: FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Christopher Stone wrote:

Whatever desktop RH employees are paid to work on to satisfy their
biggest RHEL customers needs.  Or what they *think* their biggest RHEL
customers want.

I think the question you need to ask is why they must force this onto
the Fedora *community* OS when the community is clearly objecting to
it.

'the community' is an awfully flexibly concept.

I think we have a handful of vocal opponents.

luckily we don't have to implement every whim that the majority or a vocal group yells about.

we are ( at best) a representative democracy. The representatives (on fesco) had an idea suggested to them. They voted. The idea was rejected.

Now, instead of accepting that this how the system works we've spent nearly 3 days arguing about a decision which is DONE.

I'm glad we've made such productive use of the system we set up.

If someone believes fesco made a bad decision then you are welcome to take it to the board.

The discussion here is completely unhelpful and never going to produce results that ANY group wants.

-sv