Re: gnaughty is a hot babe

On 05/29/2009 04:34 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Dennis J. (dennisml@xxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
I wrote a proposal
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InappropriateContents

I don't think you can just flag Packages as inappropriate because
everyone has his own definition for that term. If you really want to make
this work you'll have to create specific classifications like "nudity" or
"violence" so people can make informed decisions. People might be ok with
violent content but not nudity. When I see a Package marked only as
"inappropriate" that doesn't help me to tell whether *I* would find that
inappropriate or not.

At which point, you need some sort of review board, where then every
package gets something like:

- TuxPaint is rated E for Everyone
- quake3 is rated T for violent content
- tcl is rated M for inappropriate language

I'm going to go out on a limb and claim we don't have the resources to
coherently do this.

I don't see why we would need a review board. Just add a guideline asking packagers to tag their packages if they think the contents could be inappropriate out of courtesy toward their fellow community members.

If some packagers don't give a damn then that's fine and not a lot can be done about that but why not give the community the tools to self regulate?

Just because there is a general guideline does not mean there has to be enforcement through an iron-fisted review board.

Regards,
  Dennis