Re: gnaughty is a hot babe

On 05/29/2009 03:27 PM, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
Where do you anything about "family values and moralities" in Fedora's mission statement? I see statements about software being free to use,

that's why I said us [in ojuba.org] as I'm member of both fedora and ojuba

but fedora shouln't make it difficult for us by design, it should give
us the choice.

That said, if there are clearly identifiable class of programs that may
be deemed offensive by a large set of people (and *not* governments),
then it would be sensible to mark them so that people can consciously
and *individually* decide to (not) install/remove them or use spins that
explicitly exclude/include them.
+1

exactly, I did not ask fedora to remove or ban those things, I asked
them to make it easy for us to choose

I wrote a proposal
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InappropriateContents

I don't think you can just flag Packages as inappropriate because everyone has his own definition for that term. If you really want to make this work you'll have to create specific classifications like "nudity" or "violence" so people can make informed decisions. People might be ok with violent content but not nudity. When I see a Package marked only as "inappropriate" that doesn't help me to tell whether *I* would find that inappropriate or not.

Regards,
  Dennis