Re: gnaughty is a hot babe

On 05/28/2009 01:06 PM, Simon Wesp wrote:
Michael Fleming<mfleming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrotes:
MF>  Hm. interesting case.

MF>  I've got no problem with it. Unlike hot-babe there's nothing even
MF>  remotely resembling depiction here.

personally I am torn between 'go' and 'no-go'

the guidelines says:
"Content must not be pornographic, or contain nudity, whether animated,
simulated, or photographed. There are better places on the Internet to
get porn."

my pro:
this package is free of pornographic content. hotbabe isn't free of
this content.

Why quote the guidline if it clearly doesn't apply in this case?

my contra:
it helps you to get this stuff.
An instigator for a murder is guilty like the murderer himself!

Murder is a crime, pornography isn't so this comparison doesn't make much sense. Also Firefox helps you to "get this stuff" too so if that's a reason for banning this package then you'd have to ban a lot of other software from Fedora too.

I don't see much of a controversy here. The package doesn't try to deceive anyone about it's intentions and doesn't contain any objectionable material itself.

Regards,
  Dennis