Re: OpenOffice 3.1

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 00:05 +0400, Pavel Alexeev (aka Pahan-Hubbitus) wrote:
+1
I fully agreed. Fedora is a bleeding edge distro. It is why I love it. It sometimes got trouble, but it is. If we have distro with other policy - please, RHEL, CentOS have it absolutely different - no updates until it absolutely needed. So, if 3.0 -> 3.1 update do not promise serious troubles - I want see it in Fedora 10.

Fedora has a bleeding edge release.  it's called rawhide.  Feel free to
use it.  Others prefer an actual release that tries to maintain
something close to stability throughout its lifetime.  Stability not
just in bugs, but in how things operate and how valid the documentation
is for it, or what to expect when confronted with a GA vs GA+ 4 months
of updates.

I don't want start again wlamewar about several stability means. Wikipedia migration to Ubuntu last time do it very well. And as I remember most often justification was: Fedora can't and won't be enough stable, because it is very dynamical and fresh.

Meantime, If you see upcoming serious trouble in this particular update - please say, and no problem, we can do not do it. If not, why you objecting from it?