Re: Ready for new RPM version?

> But, why was Evo so broken? This seems odd. As I mentioned, my previous
> distro packages pre-releases of GNOME and Evolution, and I run
> Evolution. I certainly don't think Evolution was broken for a
> significant period around August-October last year. I feel sure I
> would've remembered.

Broken for a day is a 'significant period'.

> Perhaps this is a case where, if there were more people running Rawhide
> - like, fr'instance, whoever packages Evolution - it would've got fixed
> faster...

I don't think so.  The maintainer would have seen it broken at the same
time everybody else did, that is when they updated to that day's
rawhide.  The fix is no sooner, its still broken for that entire day.

This goes back to the discussion we've had about why rawhide is only
once a day, and that's not a discussion for this thread.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!