Re: Disable (or make configurable and default to off) suspend-then-hibernate behavior in GNOME-3.30

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OOM killer might be worse if it's really arbitrary or
non-configurable. What if it kills PackageKit, or gvfsd, or the
journal? A sluggish system to the point it's unusable is bad, but it's
probably less bad than services silently dying. Anyway, both are bad.

I suggest immediately powering off immediately before swapping is required. There will be horrible data loss, but it's better than the status quo (hanging until the user decides to manually power off regardless). We shouldn't be forcing users to decide for themselves when to press the power button.

It's a real shame.

Michael