Re: Disable (or make configurable and default to off) suspend-then-hibernate behavior in GNOME-3.30

Hi,

On 13-09-18 16:16, Benjamin Berg wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2018-09-13 at 10:06 -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
This needs to be disabled in systemd, as I mentioned in the previous
thread.
This means it would still work in GNOME if somebody enables the feature
in systemd, as would be expected.

Yeah, I agree that disabling it in systemd by default is likely the
best way forward for F29. If we can get enough testing, then it may be
possible to enable hibernation again for F30.

gsd-power has no configuration option to change the behaviour. It will
simply use SuspendThenHibernate rather than Suspend when the method is
available.

My reaction to Bastien and yours crossed, right gsd-power has no
configuration option now. What I'm suggesting is, that since some people
want this to be opt-in, we add such a configuration option.

This really is a policy decision and as such belongs in GNOME IMHO
systemd simply provides a mechanism for this and the availability
call it has is to indicate if the hardware can support this at all
(with no guarantees about this working).

Either way we need to do something about this for F29.

Regards,

Hans