Re: flatpak issues in F26 alpha

Chris Murphy píše v St 05. 04. 2017 v 17:32 -0600:
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Adam Williamson
> <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2017-04-02 at 09:44 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > > Also: being able to install without authentication but not delete
> > > matches our behavior for system packages. I think it's silly to
> > > allow
> > > users to install stuff but not to remove it, but that's our
> > > status quo.
> >
> > I thought the intent was that you should need admin privileges to
> > do
> > either. The only thing regular users are supposed to be allowed to
> > do
> > without admin privileges is *update* the system, though since that
> > now
> > requires a system reboot, I'm not sure even that should be allowed
> > without auth any more.
>

> Ick.
>
> I want to see the OS and apps updated on a regular basis, by default,
> no user intervention. Just do it. I've tacitly given permission for
> this by installing Fedora already. It should be one of its
> responsibilities. Like cleaning up /var/tmp.
>
> Especially flatpak applications - just update them. They can be
> rolled
> back if they break something.

Automatic updates of apps is a frequent request I hear from users. If
they use Firefox Nightly for Flatpak which gets updated every day, they
just get tired of updating it manually.

Update rollback is also something I'd like to see exposed in Software,
but first it needs to be in libflatpak API. I opened a ticket about it
recently: https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/664

Jiri