Re: flatpak issues in F26 alpha

On Sat, 2017-04-01 at 23:57 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> [chris@f26h ~]$ flatpak remotes
> gnome                              user
> org.libreoffice.LibreOffice-origin user,no-enumerate
>
> I'm not expecting these to be user installed but rather system
> installed. This user is an admin and I really don't want every user
> on
> this system having to install their own copy of e.g. LibreOffice. My
> understanding is admin users would have runtimes and apps installed
> as
> system not user.

Well we have to figure this out, because my expectation is the
opposite: I would expect that all users can have a completely separate
set of apps installed. :( This might be a case where having a user-
visible preference is desirable since it's not always what you want,
for space reasons.

Also: being able to install without authentication but not delete
matches our behavior for system packages. I think it's silly to allow
users to install stuff but not to remove it, but that's our status quo.

Michael